You will only be expected to progress at your own pace. Wild 'n' Rest Adventures is flexible and can change the tour package itinerary to suit you.
Winter camping and dog mushing are a refreshing and enjoyable way of experiencing the Yukon. You should be prepared to work as a team and share in some of the camp duties and caring for the dogs.
Fishing License is not included in the tour package price.
The weather and trail conditions can be unpredictable at times. Wild 'n' Rest Adventures reserves the right to change tour itinerary at the discretion of your guide for safety reasons.
Please arrive in Whitehorse the day of your tour or if you wish to arrive earlier, we can assist you in hotel reservations.
Please bring the following:
If unable to obtain any of these items please let us know.
- Warm hat wool, polar fleece, fur etc.
- Neck warmer, or tube made out of polar fleece or synthetic blend
- Headband for warmer weather
- Warm face protection- stay away from scarves as they can hang and get caught in things. Balaclava or neoprene face mask is best.
- 2 pairs of well-fitted gloves (light wool, thinsulate, or polar fleece)
- 1 pair of warm overmitts (to wear over well-fitted gloves)
- 2 pair of long underwear- capilene, polypropylene work best
- 2 pairs of long pants (fleece or synthetic blends-stay away from blue jeans)
- 2 long sleeved shirts (flannel, fleece , or synthetic blend)
- 1 warm sweater or polar fleece top
- 3 pairs of warm wool socks or fleece to fit over lightweight socks
- 3 pairs of light weight socks (inner socks to wick away moisture - capilene or polypropylene works well)
- warm boots
- pair of ski pants or insulated coveralls
- warm parka or other warm winter coat that is windproof
- lip balm
- toiletries, medications, and any other personal items you may need
- warm winter sleeping bag (we can provide if you donít have one)
Optional Items you may wish to bring:
- Camera: if you bring a camera it is a good idea to bring plastic zip lock bags to put the camera in when coming indoors. This prevents condensation and having your camera freeze when taking it back outside.
- Alcoholic beverages you prefer. Wine is provided at some dinners.
- Slippers, or footwear when indoors.
back to Tour packages
P.O. Box 10361, Whitehorse, Yukon,
Canada Y1A 7A1
Home | Who We
Are | Tour Packages |
Summer Adventures | Gallery | Contact Us